Monday, November 16, 2009

Watching Your Kids Grow...


We all know our kids grow up too quick at times. Where did the years go? Many want their children to stay young for as long as they can. The truth is your kids will get older. We did and they will as well.

But, there are some signs of growth in a child that makes you feel proud. Case in point...Morgan. In the morning I take both girls to school. Recently, Morgan has been reading to Lizzie Kate from "The Beginner's Bible." Little does she know, she is also reading to me. Morgan said, "I am up to page 86! Isn't that good dad?" I told her, "That's great!"

I am so proud she is reading well, but I am more proud that she is reading from a Children's Bible. It is a win-win situation. Lizzie Kate listens as Morgan reads. I hear her mention names that Morgan read.

Now, maybe Dad needs to read his Bible more.

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

Maybe you could read outloud to mom?? ;0)