Wednesday, May 13, 2009

E.T. Revisited, 27 Years Later...


Last night was a typical night. Lizzie Kate, our resident "night owl", wanted to stay up and watch a little TV before going to bed. Surfing through the channels as I often do, I noticed we were getting HBO for some reason. The classic "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" was showing. I pushed the "Info" button to see when the movie was made - 1982! I could not believe it had been 27 years since we first saw that lovable space alien phone home, and say the words, "Ell-i-ot" and "Ouuuuccchhh".

Anyway, Lizzie Kate was glued to the television and asking all kinds of questions. "Are his fingers dirty?" "Is he (E.T.) chocolate?" There were more, and I was laughing hysterically inside. Lizzie Kate kept watching until she finally fell asleep.

This morning she woke up and the first thing wanted to watch E.T.! When I told her I did not have it, she started crying, saying..."I want to watch E.T.! I want to watch E.T.!" Well, I may be cruising for a bruising, but I bought the movie today.

Look for our household to be watching E.T. many times in the days to come!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I absolutely LOVE E.T.!~~