Monday, May 18, 2009

I had fun at the "Minor '09er!"



This weekend our family attended a reunion on top of Mt. Magazine, which was dubbed "The Minor '09er. This was on Mom's side of the family. I would estimate we had 100 or more people that attended. It was really great seeing everyone! I saw people I bet that I had not seen in over 30 years.

Colleen Dow did a great job on the "Memory Books." Gary and Alan Davis were the cooks for the event. Great job guys! I loved that brisket.

Now, let me just say everything is top notch at Mt. Magazine State Park. The views are out of this world. We decided to spend the night in the lodge since my sisters and brother decided to do so. The rooms are very spacious, and again the views. The lodge has an indoor swimming pool and we made good use of it. The restaurant was a little slow, but I think it is because of the number of people we threw at them. The food was good. We were hungry and glad that it finally appeared. While we were eating, I noticed a rainbow had appeared outside. I think everyone in the restaurant went outside to take a picture. That was the highlight of the dinner.



Sunday, the weather turned out great! We had to check out the views one more time before we left. I think Morgan wanted to stop at every overlook on our way home. The weather allowed us to have the the best view possible.












For those that like to take day trips, I would say that Mt. Magazine State Park is worth the drive. You just get a peaceful feeling up there.

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

Just a little trivia about Mt. Magazine. When I was 12 I hit a baseball off the mountain.