Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Baby It's Cold Outside"...


Last night I was taking my Mom to meet my sister in Dardanelle. Every month my Mom has her doctor visits, and takes her chemo treatments.


In between one of our conversations, I decided to scan the radio stations to listen to some music. For some reason I stopped on a station that was playing..."Baby It's Cold Outside." I started thinking...Baby It's Cold Outside??? I told Mom, "Can you believe they are playing that song as hot as it is outside?" Well, I do not know if I was in the "Twilight Zone", or in a time warp! Because the next songs in succession were..."Silent Night", "White Christmas", and I finally had to change the station after "I'll Be Home for Christmas" came on!
Either someone was in a deep state of confusion, or they were playing a cruel joke on someone. I changed the station, moved on down the road, and turned down the air conditioning. Suddenly I felt a little chill in the air!

No comments: