Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wishes now cost a quarter!!!


As many of you have been told, we are now in a "recession." Even though some things have went down in price, many items have increased in price. If you have read some of my posts on Facebook, you know I have had a little fun talking about the price of bananas - Which I might add are still .64 cents a pound at a Wal-Mart near you!


Well, I have learned something new from Lizzie Kate. The "Caker" and I went to the local Chinese restaurant for some take out. Immediately, upon entering the restaurant, Lizzie Kate asked for a quarter. I figured she wanted a gumball, so I gave her one. But, she did not want a gumball...she wanted to "make a wish!" Now, normally I am better prepared when we go to places that have "wishing wells." I try to have plenty of pennies in my pocket for just that reason. I do at times hand out nickels and dimes for wishes, but quarters?


Due to our visit today, I thought I would let everyone know that "wishes" are not immune to the recession we are having. Wishes will now cost you a quarter!

No comments: