Monday, April 13, 2009

Yes, I am wearing a tie!


Isn't it funny how we are perceived by what we wear? People tend to size you up, and place you in a class of people by what you wear. The comments you may get can be hilarious.

Let's take today for instance. I decided to wear a nice shirt, and my new tie Kelley bought me for Easter. That's right...a tie! Now, I do not have to wear a tie to work, but I decided to wear one just for today. I received the following comments:

"Hey, nice tie!"
"Did someone die?"
"Where are you going?" I just decided to wear a tie I said. "No, really...where are you going?"

And then there is my favorite..."Do you have a job interview?" My response was, "Yes, I have two of them. One in the morning and one in the afternoon."

I had co-workers come up and say there have been those asking why I was so dressed up today? Everyone scrambling for information. All because I decided to wear a tie.

3 comments:

Sharon Craig said...

you know what? you're right. i never thought about it, but i do it to people all the time. i think i'll try the ol switch-a-roo and see what happens tomorrow. should be fun.
hope you all had a happy easter. caroline (all other kids, too) came and mary ashley taught her to say "hey, i have diarrhea". she doesn't, but that's just ash.
love and hugs to all,
sharon

Sherry Drennan said...

So true! I've been trying to teach the boys that although it may or may not be appropriate, people judge you by the way you look... I'm actually aiming at a personal hygiene area rather than clothing but it remains true for both! I remember the day when you really dressed up to fly on a plane and go to church for that matter!

Mike said...

Hey, nice tie!