Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Someone Seeking Prayer...


Today, I read a sad story on abcnews.com, regarding a man that went on a shooting spree that left 10 people dead in Alabama, before killing himself. Like most people, I wondered why this happened? What set this man off? But, as I read more into the article, I noticed quotes from a man who lost a wife, and a toddler daughter in this senseless act, appealing for "help." Please see the following taken from abcnews.com:

One of the officers who cornered McLendon at the factory was Josh Myers, whose wife and toddler daughter were shot dead on the porch in Samson. His infant daughter, he said, was in stable condition with a wound in her leg.
"We get trained to handle something like this ... but this was something that was never expected," Myers told a news conference.
Myers said he was devastated to find out that his family was among McLendon's victims.
"I cried so much yesterday I don't have a tear left in me," he said. "I never in my life will be able to understand it."
Myers appealed for help and asked people to pray for him and his surviving daughter.
"I don't know how to handle this situation," he said.


With this being said...I know you probably do not know Josh Myers, or his infant daughter. But, he asked for people to pray for him and his daughter. I ask that you say a prayer for them. Pray for all the families involved. No, we do not know how to handle this situation. We certainly cannot handle things like this alone. Pray for God's comforting love to work here.

2 comments:

Sharon Craig said...

How's your mom?

Philip said...

She is doing ok right now. She has been surrounded by family lately. She is probably going to have surgery in April.