Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Get Back from Branson...Now You Need Another Vacation!

The fam and I took a couple of nights vacation and went to Branson. Blogging was not #1 on my list during our stay. We had a real nice visit, and had a real fun time there.

We got to Branson, checked into our condo, and then hit the ground running. We went swimming, which is probably one of the favorite things my girls like to do. After that, it was off to The Branson Landings, and ate at Famous Dave's BBQ. Those ribs were great!




The second day we started the day out eating breakfast at the Grand Country Buffet. They have good food, but my girls will remember it as the place where the picture talks. You basically are looking at a picture of two people, then every 10, or 15 minutes, they start talking. The picture really mesmerized our girls. After eating, we played a round of miniature golf. Both girls played great! They both had one hole-in-one. Morgan had a legit hole-in-one, but "Caker's" came after she moved the ball about 2 inches from the hole. A hole-in-one none the less in my book and I marked it accordingly on the score sheet.

After the round of golf, we took Morgan to ride go carts. Lizzie Kate is still a little too small for that. We always love riding the wooden go cart track. Try it sometime adults! It will bring back your second childhood.

The second night was topped off as we attended Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. Guys, this is not that bad a show. I also like it that you can eat with your hands and get away with it. I think I also had my elbows on the table a few times...nothing said! You got to love it. The show was great and the South won...General Lee would have been proud!

The last day we had to go back to the Grand Country Buffet, because Lizzie Kate wanted to see the "talking picture" again. We would not have had any peace if we did not do so. After eating, we took the girls to The Butterfly Palace. There you can walk inside a habitat made especially for butterflies. Kelley wanted a butterfly to land on her, but never could get one to land on her. This place also had a maze you walked through. I thought it was fun as I led my family to the end. Yes, I conquered the maze.





Well, we are home now. We had a lot of fun. But, now I am tired and need another vacation. Isn't that the way it always is?

3 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Vacation? Aren't the inlaws coming?

Sharon Craig said...

Sounds like fun. I'm like the girls, I want to see the talking pictures.
Have a fun weekend. And tell Bobby and Sadie to have a happy anniversary.
Sharon

Sharon Craig said...

How's Caker? Wasn't her appointment today? Can't wait to hear.
Sharon