Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thank you for your prayers!


I have learned a few things since Lizzie Kate's diagnosis...

  • First...You are not alone. We are blessed to have so many people praying for Lizzie Kate and our family. Believe me, we feel the support from everyone. It is so uplifting. Everyone has been showing their concern. Someone has even started a group on Facebook to pray for Lizzie Kate. We are blessed with friends.

  • Second...I also learned that just because you are in the middle of a test, it does not mean that you should only pray for your situation. At first a thought came to me..."I am going to use all of my energy to pray for Lizzie Kate." The Lord spoke to me, and I realized that would be selfish on my part. Sure, I can pray for the situation my family is in, but there are others that are hurting. There are others having medical problems. There are so many prayer requests out there. I need to pray for their needs as well. Thank goodness the Lord is already working on our behalf. He knows our every need.

  • Third...I have to learn to be patient. That may be the hardest thing of all.

Again, thanks for all the calls, emails, prayers, etc. My family has been really touched. Keep us in your prayers, but do not fail to pray for others as well. God Bless!

No comments: