Monday, January 19, 2009

Exploring New Worlds...


Lately I have been trying not to be confused for Christopher Columbus. But, since my brother has let me keep his 4-wheeler at my house, I have been doing some exploring. To borrow a phrase from Star Trek, my mission has been to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before...uh uh...sorry, I got a little carried away there for a minute.

Yesterday Mike Francis, the "Conman", and I went through some trails we have never been on before. I am so new to 4-wheeling that just about any trail I go on is new to me. But, we had a blast. Those machines are awesome and can do some things that will simply amaze you. It is amazing where you can take those machines and what you can get them to do. My brother's 4-wheeler is a Suzuki Eiger. On our journey we saw three deer running...all doe. It was amazing going into their habitat.

I can see how my brother broke his ankle while 4-wheeling. You gotta keep those feet down where they belong. Do not stretch out that leg which I know is an impulse. I know you get better the more you ride. A bunch of us are planning future 4-wheeling events. I am looking forward to them.

So, there you have it...another first for me. That is the most extensive time I have ever rode a 4-wheeler. Is there anything I cannot do!? Ooops, I forgot the Life Group lesson we had on boasting. Later!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey there Magellan, I'm ready to go again anytime. You did really good for not having much experience riding.