Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Storm...



As I sit here at 10:48 p.m., thankfully we still have power. I do not know why, but weather fascinates me. I am the type that likes to look outside while the storm is passing through. I know I drive Kelley crazy during storms, especially during tornado season.

Earlier I walked outside to check the roads. They do not seem too bad right now. While outside, the lights blinked here, and I thought I heard a transformer blow Northeast of town. But, who am I, OG&E?

As I type, I am keeping an eye on one of my trees bending over with ice from my "command center", which is pictured above. Ok, I am probably stretching it a little bit with my "command center", but it does sound professional. I know a lot of people are wanting off from school tomorrow, but I also hope there is a limited amount of damage done from this ice event we are having tonight.

Also, a special shout out to Mike Francis for helping me with my gas logs. I am also glad to report that Nelson, Missy, Seth, and Taran got their gas logs to fire up as well.

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

You are too funny! You must be related to mr. d! We may need help w/ our gas logs. We can't find our lighter but we were curious if it would work since the switch on the wall is electric? Or is the key to have them lit before the power goes out?