Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Reminder of a Covenant Long Ago...


Last weekend you might remember the picture of a rainbow I took. It was not only a rainbow, it was a double-rainbow. Just as God puts that rainbow in the sky as a reminder that he will never flood the earth again, he also reminded me of His Covenant in my Bible reading this morning. God's Covenant which is displayed by the rainbow can be found in Genesis 9:8-17. So, for some reason God wanted to remind me of His Promise. What a great Bible Story...Noah and the Flood.

One of my favorite Bible jokes used to be..."How many animals of each did Moses take on the ark?" The answer I got the most was usually 2. Then I would say...It was Noah not Moses. That was good for a few laughs. Did you know there were some animals that had more than 2 of each on the ark? Read Genesis 7 for that little tidbit.

Thank you God for your promises! Have you read your Bible today?

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think we all need to read our Bible a lot more than we do. Stick with it and you'll be reading everyday.