Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Unexpected Treat...


This morning started out just as many other mornings have in the past. My alarm went off at 5:30 am. I got up, took a shower - sorry no footage or audio of me singing in the shower. I know you hate that! Then I started getting the girls dressed. Lizzie Kate wants toast...you make that. Morgan wants a drink of Diet Coke...we ran out...she reminds you she wants a drink. You try to get Morgan to brush her teeth. You try to get her to brush her teeth a second and a third time. You guessed it...utter chaos. I am walking to the car carrying Morgan's backpack when I remembered I left something inside. I put her backpack down in the garage and then retrieve what I needed inside the house.

After we finally get in the car, we then drop Lizzie Kate off at daycare. Morgan and I then head to Sonic to get her a drink. Morgan then says, "Dad, can I have my backpack?" If you rewind a little bit in this story, where did I leave her backpack? You guessed it - the garage! Right then I felt like I was playing the game "Clue" and opened up the envelope to find out that Morgan did it, in the garage with a backpack. If you know how traffic is in our town, you know now that you are gonna be late. I know it is not Houston or anything, but it is in fact a small town with traffic problems. I make a decision to take Morgan on to school and then go back home to get her backpack. Good move I thought. No sense in making both of us late today.

So, I probably was not in the best of moods, but now, the unexpected treat. I got her backpack and went to her school. As I was walking to her class the announcements came on. I then heard Morgan's class recite the "Pledge of Allegiance." Hearing the "Pledge of Allegiance" by young children will make anyone proud to be an American. Thank goodness that has not been taken away from our schools yet!

As I was walking back toward the office, I saw Morgan and her class coming down the hall. I told them they all did a great job in reciting the Pledge. For some reason I forgot about how hectic my morning had been. Thank goodness we left her backpack today!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Ah, those hectic mornings are the best...ok, not really!You're right, the traffic in Greenwood in the morning is horrible. Maybe when Jackie Dolan is Mayor he will fix the traffic congestion problem.

Sherry Drennan said...

Don't you love getting a little reality check? Now, I haven't started the book yet, so I don't know what it's totally about (30 days to Live?) but I am assuming it is what you would do differently if you only had 30 days to live....safe assumption? Aren't you glad you didn't sweat the small stuff?

Sharon Craig said...

Oh Phillip,I'm teaching 2nd grade now and every morning when I watch those sweet darling angels saying the Pledge of Allegience it makes my heart so happy. I want so badly to video tape them and let everyone see it...how could you ever want to take that out of the schools?
You're a great dad, and I"m sure your dad is looking down so pleased.
Love to all,
Sharon