Friday, January 23, 2009

Why do we cease to pray?



The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to "Pray without ceasing." How many of us tend to pray more when there is an emergency? How many of us are reminded by our kids that we forgot to pray before we ate? That one hits you in the heart.

In the past two weeks, I have heard of children being diagnosed with lymphoma, leukemia, and having tumors spotted within their body. I cannot imagine getting this news. I pray for them and I know many of you have as well.

We need to pray for our families...our children...our friends. Pray for God's protection and good health for everyone. And do not forget those that are sick...lift them up. Pray for God's healing touch! Pray that He get the glory by healing those that are sick. Pray for a mighty miracle that only God can do!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Amen and Amen! I just finished having a conversation along those same lines with a friend. Praying without ceasing is truly my goal!