Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Maybe the wife does know best.


My wife bought me a new watch in Destin at the local outlet mall for Father's Day. It is a Timex Solar watch (not exactly like the one pictured). I had went in the shop earlier and looked over the selection. I mentioned I liked some of the solar digital and also the atomic watches that change the time for you. This can be very helpful when you change time zones.
I value my wife's opinion, so she went in to look over the collection to make a purchase. She came back with a solar watch that is both digital and analog. I do not know if I had a perplexed look on my face or what, but my wife said, "You don't like it, do you?" I assured her I did and that I just did not see that watch in the store. She told me she did not just get me a digital watch because that is a "lazy man's watch." She also did not buy me the atomic watch reminding me..."When do you ever go into another timezone?"
Today at work, I have had at least two compliments on my watch. You know it is a nice watch. I really do like it. My wife did me right. Note to self...Maybe I need to listen to her more often.

No comments: