Friday, July 11, 2008

A round of golf...


Last night I met up with two friends, Aaron Gamble and Tony Scantling, to play some golf at Vache Grasse. Kevin Jones was also in our group last night. Golf has been a real challenge to me. I am a little out of my element when I don't see the windmill or clown's mouth.
I am not quite ready for the PGA Tour, nor am I confused for Tiger Woods on the links. But, I do enjoy getting outside and the fellowship with the guys.

Tony really lifts you up. Sure, I hit a great shot every blue moon, but at other times depression sets in. On the last hole Tony said, "You had some great shots tonight." You know, we need that sometime. We probably ought to all practice encouraging others more.

I am vowing to get better at golf. I really enjoy playing. Once I learn this game - LOOK OUT!!! I think I will go out today and try on a green jacket for size.

No comments: