Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Strange Things...they are a happening!


Something is happening in our household that is making me pull my hair out! Well, at least that is the excuse I am using for my rapid hair loss. Things are disappearing in our home, and again, I am not just talking about my hair. : ^ )

Both Kelley and I bought new cell phones. Each came with a case to help protect your phone. Both cases have disappeared. Morgan's new cell phone she got for her birthday - gone! Lizzie Kate hid Morgan's cell phone in the closet once. Now, it is gone again. I bought a new case for my phone...gone as of last night. We think the culprit is Lizzie Kate. We are not naming her as a suspect right yet, but she is definitely a person of interest in the investigation.

A few weeks ago I asked Lizzie Kate where the cases were to our phones. She said, "They are lost." I do not think putting her under a bright light is going to help me in my interrogation. You can tell by her answer, that she is a tough nut to crack. It is going to take patience in this investigation.

I have already decided that I am going to study episodes of my favorite detective "Columbo" in cracking this case. He always solves the mystery. What would Columbo do?

One weakness Lizzie Kate has is sweets. She loves honeybuns, or cinnamon rolls. I will try bribery first, then go from there. I have thought about recreating the crime scene and see if the culprit returns. We do not have a butler, so that is not an option. No, the culprit has to be Lizzie Kate. I may try to put something of value on the coffee table and see if she will take the bait and lead me to where she has her treasure stored.

I will let you know how this turns out. Tune in...same bat time, same bat channel.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

We have a culprit in our home as well. Her name is Laney and most of the treasures end up in the trash can. Good luck in your investigation!

Natalie said...

Ah the Cakers. She's just making it perfectly clear that she feels that she deserves a cell phone as well! :) Hope you find your stuff!

Mike said...

Cakers is such a mess! I like your idea about leaving something of value out. You might also consider setting up a sting operation using the camcorder or some other video device! ha ha. If you run out of cell phone holders, give Andria a call she might let you borrow one of ours.
So, from your last comment on my blog, I have decided that you should run for political office. That would make the beginnings of a great speech! "I am Proud to be an American!" Nicely done! Hmm...now we just have to decide what public office you should run for. You could always go for Greenwood Mayor??? No, wait, you're not corrupt. That will never work, How about Sheriff? No, on second thought, that's too "Small time" How about Mayor of Fort Smith? Of course, you would have to learn to say "It's a great day to live in Fort Smith...or whatever it is that he says all the time. ha ha
Hope you and your family are doing well despite your belongings coming up missing!

Sharon Craig said...

That Caker is so bloomin funny. She's so guilty, but that's ok...it's Caker.
Hugs to all,
Ü
Sharon

Unknown said...

Now Columbo - leave the Cakers alone! She is just too cute and sweet to be the culprit.