Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Will Never Forget...


September 11, 2001...A date we will never forget. So many lives lost. So many lives changed. The United States will never be the same. We will never forget.

I remember watching the Today Show that morning and it seems like they were having a segment dealing on emergencies - 9-1-1. It is kind of ironic now when you look back on it. I remember going to work and getting a call from my mother telling me one of the twin towers of the World Trade Center had been hit. Then a second call - the other twin tower had been hit. What was going on? Everyone at work was trying to get any information they could. I believe someone in our office called Empire Blue Cross for business purposes. They said they could not help them..."We are under attack." And of course we later heard that the Pentagon was hit and another plane crashed to the ground in Pennsylvania.

My phone did not ring one time for business that day. I remember going out during lunch and seeing the line of cars at the two gas stations at the first major corner from where I work. I was thinking that this had "End Times" written all over it. People were absolutely going crazy. No one knew what was going on, or if the attacks would end. I wondered...what was next? It was a day like I had never seen before.

It was hard to believe that so many people lost their lives that day. Innocent victims of people that had no regards to human life. My heart goes out to the victims of this tragedy and their families. What possessed those responsible to do this cowardly act?

Today is a day of reflection. A time of remembrance. There will be many that will look back at loved ones they lost on this date. Let us never forget those that lost their lives on this date...September 11, 2001.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Well written! That one should be published by Time magazine or some other large publication! You know the sad thing, at least two people in the military told me today, they had forgotten it was Sept.11 That kinda set me off a bit and I had to ask them..."Why are you here today?" See, most of the people that are here are in support of Iraqi Freedom, they are here to support aircraft coming in and out of the middle east. Dipwads couldn't even remember why they were here! Uugh!

Sharon Craig said...

Amen. I agree with Mike, that needs to be published by Time.

Sharon