Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This World's Gone Crazy!


One of the last things I heard my dad say was, "Pray for Peace." Lately our evening news has been filled with stories on high gas prices, bank failures, bailouts, wars, terrorism, and oh yes, how the nation is divided on who to support in this year's Presidential election. We need peace now more than ever before. But, we need to remember...God is still on the Throne!

I am sure everyone is feeling the effects of one, some or all of these issues listed above. Last night I began to pray to God, and my phone rang. I thought...Wow, I can't even pray to you (God) without interruptions. Yes, pray for peace.

I am almost to a point that I am thinking about watching zero news...zilch...nada! A boycott if you will. The news is really depressing right now. We need things to pick us up! God is there for us.

This morning I was listening to the radio and Steven Curtis Chapman's song King of the Jungle came on. Here are the words to the verses and one chorus...

Well the day has just begun and I'm already running late
With too many irons in the fire and too much on my plate
I'd be pulling out my hair if I could just get one hand free
And I'd stop this world if I could find the key

CHORUS
What I see is telling me I'm going crazy, but
What is real says God's still on His throne
What I need is to remember one thing
That the Lord of the gentle breeze is Lord of the rough and tumble
And He is King of the Jungle Yes he is

People say this world's a jungle and sometimes I must admit
I'd be scared to death if I did not know who was king of it
But the truth is God created this whole world with His own hand
So everything is under His command


Great words...Great song! I found the following scriptures listed with these lyrics:

Psalm 24:1, Psalm 46, Psalm 47:7-8

God is in Control! Pray for each other!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I believe you said that perfectly. I was just thinking the other day "Why does life have to be so hectic?" Hope you and the family are doing well. I like the new look for the blog.