Monday, August 18, 2008

All present and accounted for sir!


We all know Kelley started driving a school bus today. God has probably not had a busier day listening and answering prayers from people in our city. More on her morning further down this post.

My morning went pretty good. Tomorrow is my challenge. Instead of taking Morgan to Memaw’s, I will have to take her over to first grade for her first day. I was proud of Lizzie Kate. She went inside without crying and we exchanged kisses for her first day of school. I hope she has a great day.

Now, I will fill you in the details on Kelley’s morning. I was hoping I would see Kelley in her bus as I drove to work this morning. I saw a bus broke down on the side of the road. I prayed real hard hoping it was not Kelley’s bus! It wasn’t her bus…thank goodness. I met bus after bus…still no Kelley. Did I finally see her? I’ll let you read a little further to find out. I received the following email today from Kelley:

“Everything went pretty well. I ran late, but I think that is to be expected on the first day. I had two mothers flag me down because their kids forgot lunches. Also, a met a convoy of gas well trucks, very Scary. I had to pull over and sit and wait on them to pass. Other than that, it was not too bad. Oh, and I saw some crazy loon on Denver hanging out of his car.”

That loon was me. I made visual at 7:44 a.m., and wanted to make sure Kelley saw me. I gave her a wave that would have made Richard Nixon proud.

So, it looks like all students are present and accounted for off of Kelley’s bus. I will let you know how the return trip goes. I will not give bus updates every morning. I want to keep my readership by keeping my posts fresh. But, this is the big news in our city today. It had to be covered!

1 comment:

Cary Plunkett said...

Oh my gosh, Mr. Darr! Congrats to you for surviving your first day and congrats to Mrs. Darr for surviving her first day too!
~Cary