Friday, August 15, 2008

A Night at the Movies!


Tonight the whole family went to see the movie, "Fly Me to the Moon." The movie was not too bad, but I had more fun watching Lizzie Kate. The movie is a 3-D animation film for kids and for those that want to be that night. For the longest, Lizzie would not wear her glasses. I was determined to get her to wear them. I kept putting them up to her face, but she would not wear them. She told Kelley..."I don't want to wear those ugly glasses." Liz then kept saying, "I want popcorn. I want popcorn!" Then she got louder. I told her if she would put the 3-D glasses on, that I would go get her popcorn. She agreed and I went for popcorn. From that point on the movie got better for me.

The movie is about 3 flies that hitch a ride to the moon aboard Apollo 11. So, the kids get a little history lesson with the movie. After Lizzie put on the glasses, the 3-D animation had her reaching for everything on the screen. It was really funny. She had all of us laughing. She kept saying, "Get it! Get it! Pick it up." It was hilarious. It made the movie for me.

The movie also triggered a childhood memory for me. For some reason I remember having a paper model of the space module that landed on the moon. I think it was from a Gulf station. Funny how you remember things like that.

You can bet if there is another child 3-D movie, I will be taking Lizzie Kate. I enjoy laughing.

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

I bet that was great watching those little chicks watching that movie. The other day I was at a friend's house and her grandchidren were watching a Hannah Montana movie with those glasses. I put the glasses on and was amazed at what they could see.
I wish I could have seen lizzie reaching.

Guess what? I just got a sweet call from that little Morgan. I love it!!! Your girls are the best.
Have a good weekend,
Sharon