Monday, August 11, 2008

The Firefly...


I know, I have not posted for a few days...I am sorry. But, all literary geniuses need time off every now and then.

You might remember I said that Morgan got a few presents for her birthday? Well, one in particular has stood out, and not necessarily for the better. Morgan got a cell phone called the "Firefly". I guess it is cute as far as kid standards go. You purchase minutes in advance, and there is no contract to buy. Then you program the numbers you want your child to call on the phone. Luckily (inject sarcasm here), one of those numbers is for me. I bet she called me over ten times Friday!

I will now list how some of her most important calls to me started out:

"Whatcha doin?"

"If you need us send me a text message, ok?"

"Daddy, tell some of the people at work I have a cell phone, ok?"

Well, I did tell Ashley who works in the cubicle next to me. I must say I did get a few laughs from her calls.

Now, to bigger issues. I always heard there would be times you would need to talk to your children. But, I did not know it would be over the issue of minutes of use!

I ask for your prayers!

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

Welcome to fatherhood's next stage...minute useage.
Love,
Sharon