Monday, August 4, 2008

Rules to live by...


Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be called out on the sign, "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service!" Well, especially the "No Shirt" part of it. But, there we were getting ready to eat breakfast at the hotel in Little Rock, when we were told, "Oh, they (the girls) are going to need to wear their shoes!" My girls ages 3 and 5, were being treated like lepers I thought. "Unclean...Unclean!" By the ladies tone you would have thought there was a major security breach and that a HazMat team would need to be deployed. Of course Kelley and I were wearing flip-flops. I am sure that made it more sanitary and acceptable. So, I guess if you had a newborn there, you would have had to have shoes on their feet according to the commander in charge. Oh well, I went upstairs, got their shoes and all was well. No need for a HazMat team to be deployed. "Move along. Move along...nothing to see here."

I got the last laugh in though. While eating at the table, I slipped my flip-flops off once and had my bare feet on the floor. The lady or commander never saw me. I did it for my girls. Yes, I showed her.

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

Watch out, Mista. That girl will get you.
So let me see if I understand this: you can not be served if you don't have on shoes, shirt or pants. Can you be served if you have blood and guts all over your clothes? Can you be served if you have lice jumpin outta your hair? It's just a shoe thing? I'm just from Ashley County, but down here...our feet are cleaner than anything.

Sharon