Thursday, August 14, 2008

We live in troubled times...


James 4:14 (New American Standard Bible)

14Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. (A)You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Most people know that I love to have fun. I love to laugh. I love to be with friends and family. Most of my posts reflect that side of me. But, after yesterday, how can we not think about our life here on Earth?

You have probably heard it said that you should live life today like it is your last day on earth. That being said, it is hard to make sense out of yesterday’s tragic shooting death of Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman, Bill Gwatney. For all we know, he was shot and killed by a man that never met him. What possesses the heart and mind of an individual to do such senseless things?

It does not matter if you are a Democrat or Republican. None of this matters here. Now there is a wife without a husband. There are children without a father. What a tragedy! My heart and prayers go out to the Gwatney Family.

Yes, we need to live life like it is our last day on Earth. Be prepared. Pray for your family’s safety. Tell them you love them.

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

What a sweet entry. Phillip, you are a good man and I know anyone that knows you feels the same.

Sharon