Friday, August 8, 2008

Weather turned out great for party...


It had not rained in forever around here until yesterday. We knew we were supposed to get rain yesterday, but we were hoping it would rain some early, clear off, then we would be able to have the swimming party. Well, it did just that. It cleared off and we were able to have the swimming party.

Why do we worry so much about rain when we have swimming parties? Does that make much sense? I mean, you are going to get wet anyway. Oh well, I guess that is just one of the many mysteries in life.

My brother Mark and I were on burger and grilling detail. I usually like to patty my own hamburger meat. But, since I had so many to cook, I bowed to the pressure of time, and bought a couple of boxes of meat patties from a store that ends in Mart. I will not mention them on this blog unless they want to pay a sponsor fee. If they want to open up negotiations, and we come to terms, I would then be more than happy to plaster their name all over my blog!

I will mention that I use Dale's Seasoning on my burgers. I recommend Dale's to anyone that wants their burgers to be more tasty. Well, we got the burgers going on the grill, and for some reason the fire just took off! I think we violated a couple of county burn bans in the process. After battling the fire, the burgers did not turn out too bad! I could not believe it! I really thought Mark and I were practicing our Old Testament skills by offering up burnt offerings! Well, to make a long story short, we finished the burgers and there was little if any structural damage.

The swimming, the food and the cake were great. Morgan got a lot of presents. A good time was had by all.

Till next time...Enjoy Life...Smile!

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

I know you all had fun. Oh Great Joy!!!
Have a good weekend.

Sharon