Monday, October 27, 2008

Last night we had church...


Last night we had singin' at our church. We heard many types of music. I told someone that it reminded me of my days at Geyer Springs First Baptist Church. I loved that church when I lived in Little Rock. They have always had great music and their pianist can really tickle the ivories. I just thought Geyer Springs had a great Spirit for a big church.

I wish more people would go to church on Sunday nights. People just do not know what they are missing. You will hear some of the best sermons on Sunday night. There is just something about fellowshipping with other fellow believers. I can't understand why more people don't take advantage of meeting in God's House on Sunday nights after the world beats you up through the week. Oh well, that is just me.

Last night was just a great way to get your batteries recharged before hitting the work week. We are hit with so much in this world today. Pray for someone this week. Pray for each other. Look for somewhere or someone you can serve.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Great Post. I always love Singing Night.

Mike said...

Man, Philip you sure know how to throw a conviction on a guy! Just Kidding! I am guilty of not coming on Sunday nights. I remember going every Sunday night when I was a kid and I really enjoyed it, not sure when or why I stopped but it's a great way to spend some quality time with your family before heading back to work on Monday. I think I'll try to make it next Sunday night. Thanks for the encouragement!