Friday, October 24, 2008

October 24, 1959...

Today I am revisiting a very important date in history...October 24, 1959. Today would have been my parents 49th Wedding Anniversary. Weddings are special days, but I am extremely glad this wedding took place since I am a result of this union. Thank you mom and dad and Happy Anniversary!

The picture I have supplied is from their wedding. It may not be the best quality picture, but I guess that is all you can ask for when you take a picture of a picture with your cell phone.

I Googled songs from 1959, and the only ones that rang a bell with me were, "Put Your Head on my Shoulder" by Paul Anka, and "I Only Have Eyes for You" by the Flamingos. I added them to my play list for nostalgia purposes.

Why did I feel like "Potsie" Weber sang "Put Your Head on my Shoulders"?

Oh well, Back to the Future.

2 comments:

Sharon Craig said...

Phillip,
You look just like your dad. What a happy couple.
Have a good weekend,
Sharon
ps the songs rock!!!

Jeb said...

Philip ,
It does not matter how old or the quality the picture look or is. The most important thing is you can look at the pic and see love, happiness, tenderness, and most of all Faithfullness. The wedding looked like a great one such as the ones created from it. Thanks for the friendship.
Jeb