Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fun Day with Morgan on her Field Trip...

After last nights debacle of an election, I needed a little pick-me-up. Going on a field trip with Morgan's class was just what the doctor ordered. All my troubles went out the window as I spent my first half of the day with her.

We got on a trailer for a hayride to start off the festivities. We were met by a character Morgan affectionately called..."that old crazy guy!" His favorite words seemed to be "Yee-Haw!" Here is a picture of "that old crazy old guy" for your inspection.



During the hayride, Morgan and the other kids got to pet a horse named Patches. That of course was a hit for all the kids. Then we proceeded to shuck some corn and launch the corn cobs in a slingshot. The maze of corn was next. I think I scared some of the kids when I wondered out loud if we would ever get out of the corn maze or ever be seen again.

Next, the help at the pumpkin' patch catapulted a pumpkin at a target. "That old crazy guy" hit the target on his first try. He must have been a military man. Then Morgan picked out a pumpkin for her and her sister. After seeing some rabbits, goats, and pigs it was off to eat - not the animals...her sack lunch. That pretty much sums up our day together.

What a day! Morgan and I had a blast! I would say to anyone...spend some time with your kids. Life is too short. You need to enjoy life while you are here on God's Earth. It is all about building memories with your kids that they will never forget.

Just a note or two more...

Last night Lizzie Kate was looking at our family portrait. She said, "There is Zack (our dog - Don't even get me to talk about him), there is Morgan, there is Momma...hey, I don't want to be by momma, I want to be by daddy!" Like we can change it now!

And now a quote that was on my Daytimer...

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
--Mark Twain

2 comments:

Sharon Craig said...

What a great memory day.

Reagan's in here with me reading this and he wanted to know if you wanted to help him move something. He said it's not gonna have to be moved very far, it's just real heavy.

Love the memories,
Sharon (and Reagan)

Philip said...

Sharon...tell Reagan I will be right over to help him move it as long as it is a golf cart and it is mine free of charge!