Friday, November 14, 2008

How I would change Dora the Explorer...


Anyone that has kids knows that your viewing habits change according to their tastes. You may start out with Barney, the Wiggles, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora the Explorer...then it gets interesting from there when your girl graduates into Hannah Montana and the High School Musical craze. Wow, there's some viewing pleasure right there.

Now, how can we make children's programming more inviting to adults? Let's examine the plot line for Dora the Explorer for instance. Dora and her trusty sidekick Boots seem to always go to places such as...Bridge....Rain Forest...High Mountain! Say it with me...Bridge...Rain Forest...High Mountain! Another question...why does she have to YELL!!!!! Now, how can we change the plot of the show to attract the adult male viewer, and promote family unity as we watch programs with our kids? Why can't the three places be...Tailgate...Football game...Cheer Loudly? Or...Sports Store...Camping...Deer Hunting. I am sorry, but as an adult male, I get tired of going down the path that leads to the Grumpy Old Troll that lives under the bridge all the time. We need change! I guess if you changed Dora to an adult female perspective, it would go something like this...Mall...Shopping...More Shopping!

Don't get me wrong...I love watching TV with my kids as much as the other guy. But TV programming needs to help us out a little here.

One more question...Is C.S.I. ok for kids? Just kidding.

3 comments:

Mark Darr said...

How about that her parents let her walk around in jungle all by herself with wild animals. They are probably in prison

Jeb said...

Here is a phone number you need to give a call to 1-800-IAM-NUTS. Press number 5, this will get you the "Fathers with problems due to kids programming" hot line. They helped me out the meds are great.

Katie said...

That is to funny! I feel for you and I'm a woman. Dora's yelling is so annoying. Thanks for stoppig by my blog. I think we all put to much pressure on ourselves. My husband is such a high standard guy when it comes to his family work etc.. We all know that God is in control though. Take Care.