Sunday, November 30, 2008

It is good to be home...


It is great to be home. We really enjoyed our visit with family, but you know how it is - it feels good to be in your own bed. Now, back to work. Second thought, am I really glad to be back? Jackie and Mike have already called me to check in. Good to hear from you guys.

Now, I need to do a little housekeeping. You might remember I told you I was going to go see my brother-in-law coach in Louisiana playoff action. His team fought to the bitter end before losing 36-33 in overtime. It was a heartbreaking loss in a steady rain. His team left it all out on the field. They have no reason to be ashamed.

Also, I regret to report that I came away without a deer. I went hunting Saturday and shot at a deer. My father-in-law believes I hit it. He said he heard it crash somewhere in the woods, but we cannot find it. The deer went into a very thick patch of woods and brush. We looked, but no deer. Oh well...wait till next year. That is my motto. Big Buck better watch out for me next year. When I got back to the 'Burg I ordered a pizza, then watched a little football before falling asleep in the recliner. Kelley finally roused me, and got me to go to bed.

After attending church today, we headed home. We had a good trip. It was great seeing family, but it's good to be home.

No comments: