Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Gosh!!! Did that just happen to me?


I have always heard of these things happening to others. I have heard stories how someone had a "senior" moment and did something crazy, or stupid is probably the best word for it if you want to be honest.

Well, it finally happened to me. I had a "senior" moment as I was going to lunch. After exiting my cubicle, I made the trek to the parking lot to get in my car. I grabbed my keys...pressed my keyless remote a couple of times and pulled up on the handle. The door was still locked! I pressed the remote a few more times and pulled up on the handle once again. You guessed it...the door was still locked. Then the sinking feeling hit me. I wanted to change colors and blend into my surroundings...a chameleon if you will. Why? Because I had tried to open a co-workers car that looks similar to the one I was driving! You've got to be kidding me! I was thinking...did anyone see me do this? I was within eye shot of the front door. Talk about M-barrassing!

After I got back from lunch, I just knew someone was going to give me the business. I knew someone had to see what I did. I mean, doesn't someone always see you when you do something stupid? Well, so far so good. No chastising yet. They may get a laugh after reading this, but thank goodness no one saw it first-hand. I would never be able to live that down.

Now, that I have embarrassed myself, share some of your "senior" moments. What would this world be like if we could not laugh at ourselves? Gosh, I am getting old I guess.

2 comments:

Mike said...

That's funny! I haven't ever done that, but I almost always forget where I park when I go to a store. I usually set off the panic button so my car will start honking then I at least know which direction to start looking!

Jeb said...

I had my mother in laws van keys onetime and unlocked a van got in and realized it was not hers. I guess the doors were already unlocked and I thought I unlocked them. I got in tried to start it before I found out it was not hers.