Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving = Family


I am very thankful for my family. This past Saturday we had Thanksgiving for my side of the family at our house. Those in attendance were my sister Karen, my brother Mark - "Mr. Mad Pizza" himself, and his wife Kim and their children Madison and Cooper. My mother was also there to keep everyone in line. We missed my sister Carol, husband Robert and their children Emily and Adam.

Upon my sister Karen's arrival, she presented me with a copy of Mike Huckabee's new book, "Do the Right Thing." It looks like some good reading.

Now, back to the food. I owe my wife a lot of gratitude for her hard work in preparing the meal. Everyone had a part in bringing something for the meal. We really had a good time. Who doesn't when they eat, huh?

The eating has just begun. I am sure I have a few more chances to eat Thanksgiving meals this week with Kelley's family. It is my understanding that we are going to see Kelley's brother coach in a Louisiana football playoff game this Friday. We wish Max luck in that one.

I pray everyone has a great Thanksgiving as I believe I will have. My prayer is that everyone spend the holiday with family. Spend some time reflecting on how God has blessed you. Thank God for everything has has done for you! Give thanks!

1 comment:

Sharon Craig said...

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I'm ready to eat everything I can get my hands on. See you guys when you get to the burg. I want Caroline to meet the coolest blog guy ever.
Love ya tons,
Sharon