Thursday, November 13, 2008

It is Almost Thanksgiving...Got Turkey?


Thanksgiving Day is two weeks away! It is probably the most celebrated day our country has for competitive eating. I know there are some out there that affectionately call it "Turkey Day", but I prefer the traditional Thanksgiving Day myself.

Is Thanksgiving a one day event? Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of having a Thanksgiving Day. But, do we need just that day to give thanks? Every day we live we should be thankful for something. Guilty as charged here. We tend to pray when there are problems, or issues. But, we are so blessed in this country and God has been so good to me. I need to thank Him more often.

We may have an early Thanksgiving dinner at our house next weekend. It is hard to get everyone together at the same time. Families seem to live further apart now more than ever. Our family is no different. I have one sister that is going to Branson for Thanksgiving. You could not pay me enough to go to Branson for Thanksgiving. What a traffic nightmare that will be. The traffic is bad anytime there...throw Thanksgiving and the holiday shopping into the mix and you have "Headache City" as far as I am concerned.

Well, I am going to let you go...just wanted to put visions of pumpkin pie with whipped cream in your heads! What are your plans for Thanksgiving? What kind of food do like on that special day?

Remember...Be Thankful! I need to start on my list because it is a large one.

3 comments:

Sharon Craig said...

FYI turkey makes you sluggish.

Mike said...

Man, I can't wait...pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes with marshmellows melted on top, turkey and dressing and one of my all time favorite desserts, fruit salad.
We are staying in Greenwood for Thanksgiving this year. A lot of our family live far away and it's nice to see them when it's our year to go there, but it sure is nice to stay close to home too!

Jeb said...

I am HUUUNNNGGGRRRYY. Let's eat. You are right we should be thankful everday. I think I am going to Mikes house he named more food items then Philip.