Monday, November 10, 2008

My Window to the World...


Sorry to leave my loyal readers hanging the last few days. I went deer hunting with a great bunch of guys this weekend. We called ourselves the Lead Slingers. I was informed by Mike Francis yesterday that the name has been changed to Lead Savers. It was a good attempt at humor with a twist of disgust mixed in. If there is a big buck on Mount Magazine, he is still alive today.

Ok, so we did not kill any deer...but, we had a lot of fun. A lot of stories and jokes were told and laughs were aplenty. Men better be glad that their wives don't see how much work they do setting up a deer camp, because more work would be coming their way at home. Guys, your secret is safe with me. Just let me say, Jackie, Mike, and Jessie really had the camp looking great. It was complete with a firepit with a roaring fire as I came rolling into the camp.

The two pictures you see are from my stand I used. Mike was so gracious in letting me use it. One of the pictures shows one of the views I had in my location, and the other one is a picture of the stand itself. I saw one doe early in the morning, and at least two doe later that evening right around 5 pm. Again, no bucks in sight. The wind was howling all day and made for a chilly day. When you are alone you hear all kinds of noises and your imagination can run wild. And of course, most of the time the noises were behind me. I did not know if it was a deer, a squirrel, or the Blair Witch. But, something was behind me all day.




One thing I want to mention was the tent I stayed in that Mike supplied. The tent looked like a replica of the iceberg the Titanic ran into. I am sorry I do not have any pictures of it. If you saw it, you would see what I mean.

Also, a special thanks to Jeb for cooking for us. He went all that way and worked hard rustling up some vittles for us. What a guy. Everyone was great at the camp. I appreciated the invite and look forward to other adventures in the future.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

It sounds like a good time was had by all. I am glad Bambi is still safe for now.

Sharon Craig said...

Reagan's still waiting on you to help move something big and you're out sittin in an iceburg tent listening to something behind you. That's funny.
Ö
Sharon