Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I want a big puppy. I WANT A BIG PUPPY!!!!!"


Before anyone reads this, I want to make sure everyone understands the purpose is not for someone to bring us a BIG puppy. We have a dog. He is not a BIG puppy, but he is usually a BIG problem. So, no dog needed here.

Now, on to the story...This morning the "Caker" is talking to Morgan about a friend of hers named Carolyn who has a big puppy. They talk on this subject for a few minutes when "Caker" turns to me. She says, "Dad, I want a BIG puppy." I said, "You already have a puppy." "Caker" replies louder this time..."I want a BIG puppy!"
This goes on and on and on with me finally replying with the following phrases:

"We will have to talk about it," "Let's see." And finally I said, "We need to talk to mom about it ok?" I was thinking this may work since her mom was not home at the time and maybe it could buy me a little time. I mean she wanted a BIG puppy and she wanted it now. She was so much into wanting that BIG puppy that she started crying almost to a lather, while stomping and screaming the words "I want a BIG puppy" in a corner of our garage.

I really do not know how I finally got her to stop crying. It is all a big blur now. I just hope she does not think of her friend Carolyn, or that BIG puppy again any time soon!

3 comments:

The Brinkley Bunch said...

Maybe you could just trade in your BIG problem for a BIG puppy! HA

Sharon Craig said...

I agree...make a trade. Maybe even her friend, Carolyn would like the trade. Worth a try.
Sharon

Mike said...

Maybe you could trade dogs with Carolyn for a few days? You know, the ol' trade a dog program? ha ha