Saturday, December 6, 2008

In my opinion...


Most of you that follow my blog know I try to talk about what is going on in my life. I also try to throw in a little bit of current events for good measure. I have not been too political, but thought I would chime in on what has been going on in our country lately.

Let there be no mistake, our country is in the midst of a major financial crisis. The American consumer has lost confidence in the economy. But, one of the big things that is bothering me is all of this bailout talk. I am not saying that our country should not bail out some of these industries, but I think changes and promises should be made. There have been companies ask for a bailout, while they lay off workers in this country. These companies have also moved many of our jobs to other countries. Why should we help these companies out when they take the jobs of American workers away? I just think changes need to be made. If they want us to buy their goods, they better keep our jobs in place where someone can afford them.

It may be that we as Americans would have to pay more for our goods and services to keep American jobs in place. I for one would be willing to pay $25 or $50 more for a refrigerator if it meant it saved American jobs. As I said earlier, some changes and promises need to be made.

I know there are no easy answers, but we need our jobs to stay in this country and not lose them to other countries. We need to do whatever it takes to keep our jobs here. You want our help...you help us. Just my opinion...

2 comments:

Sharon Craig said...

Phillip Darr for President!!!

Ashley said...

Good post. I agree completely. Where is the bailout for the hardworking Americans losing their jobs?