Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend in Review!!!

Driving through town on Saturday, I could not believe my eyes. A hot dog vendor set up shop at a busy intersection. I called Mike Francis and he could not believe it. Well, the proof is in the pudding, or at least the hot dog as in this case. We may turn into another New York City. A skyscraper will be going up any day now I am sure.




Today I took mom out to eat. We were going to Cracker Barrel in Alma, but we noticed that Catfish Hole was open...My eyes opened up with excitement!!!


I had the catfish fillet dinner with those great hush puppies they serve. I usually kid my waiter by saying..."Keep bringing the hush puppies out every 5 minutes until someone passes out...then bring them every ten minutes.



Tonight I took my mom to her church to see their Christmas musical. Before we left, I made some chocolate chip cookies for her to take. I put them in a festive tin with Christmas paper inside with the cookies. I have found that presentation is everything. My cookies were a hit. Not a cookie was left. I then went home and made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. I should have my own cooking show.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Still can't believe there was a hot dog vendor out in the cold? Didn't seem like a very good location. Was he saying "Hot dogs, get ya hot dogs!" like at the ballpark?
Be careful traveling to Cheeseburger tonight.

Sharon Craig said...

Phillip Darr the "Caker" is just like you!!! She is the funniest little girl in the world. Good Grief it's amazing. If anything ever happens to you, know this...the Caker will be there to fill your shoes.
Be careful and get ready to bowl,
Sharon
ps Reagan said he wants yall to move some church pews. You there for him?