Monday, December 8, 2008

Living Nativity...


Saturday night Kelley and I drove the girls through the Living Faith Missionary Baptist living Nativity. We waited an hour in a line of cars, but it was well worth it. Each car is handed a CD player with a CD that narrates what you see. They did a great job telling the real story of Christmas - The birth of Jesus. There were sheep, goats and even a camel in their presentation. "Isaiah" waved at my two girls at the first station we saw. He looked like the real McCoy...or at least the real Isaiah. I know, I know it was not him, but he probably was a dead ringer to the real Isaiah. I wanted to say, "Are you the real Isaish?" But, he probably hears that all the time.

The picture you see is from my cell phone. No, it is not the Loch Ness monster...it is a camel. I know it is hard to see, but it was night. Hopefully, you can make out the outline of the camel.

We really enjoyed going through the Live Nativity. I think they have finished their presentations for this year. Everyone working in the Nativity did a great job in making you feel welcome. I am sure we will do it again next year.

Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for your nice comments. Sometimes we don't know why God says no or not yet that is the truth. We just went to a Nativity also. I think these are awesome. I will put it on my blog in the next day or two.
Katie <><